Wednesday, February 16, 2011

About Communication

Communication is an expression of thoughts to me. It doesn't matter whether its through speech, text, art, or music; all of these are mediums for transferring an idea from one person to another. It does not always have to be a serious though, but communication is a technique we learn when we are young, and constantly try to perfect as we get older. It is one's job to effectively communicate one's thoughts appropriately to their  audience.

Practice makes perfect. In order to communicate effectively, whether it be in a formal or informal setting, a sufficient vocabulary and strong grammar is necessary to effectively express one's thoughts and feelings. Vocabulary and grammar do not fall on a person's lap,  constant use of these aspects of speech allow one to use them more fluently and adequately. Visual aid and enunciation are also very important, but one must get in the habit of speaking and listening. Learning how to listen only comes through practice as well.

I expect to learn how to communicate my ideas to the best of my ability under limited resources. (By resources I mean having my body to aid visual what I am trying to express). The project will allow me to practice speaking Japanese, as well as researching culture and grammar. Since I have an allotted time to communicate our group's message we must be able to choose our words and grammar accurately.

2 comments: